dream about losing my purse

6 replies to this topic

#1 n/a

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,017 posts
Posted 12 June 2005 - 06:21 PM

I've had 2 dreams about losing my purse while shopping. The other night I had my 3rd dream about this, but this time I found the purse before the dream ended. Anyone have any insight into what this may mean?[?]

Love & Light - Linda

#2 starlight

Starting Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 03:37 PM

Hi,

The fact that your dream was recurring, and that you found your purse before the dream ended in a subsequent dream....these show that you managed to use your dreams to work something out. Our dreams can often help us work through a problem on a subsconscious level.

So you lost your purse (problem) but subsequently found it (solution).

What is interesting to you is what exactly the problem was...ie what does the purse represent.

On a prosaic level it could represent a financial problem. Perhaps a bill you would not have been able to pay had your subconscious not stepped in and, for example, prompted you not to purchase something in a shop you had your eye on.

I think that as a purse is the means to fulfillment when in the setting of a shop (it lets you buy something) - the dream speaks on a more symbolic level. I'm afraid that you will have to do some free association as only you can work out what it means on a literal level.

A great excercise for working with dream symbolism is to open up a 'dialogue' with a symbol in your dream. So you could work with the symbol of the purse. Ask it questions and then answer in the first person.

For example:

Why are you lost?
purse: because you forgot about me
Why did I forget about you
Purse: because I am too small and go unnoticed
How does that make you feel?
Purse: Insignificant
What can I do to make you feel better?
Purse: Pay me some attention

etc etc...

Hope this is food for thought!

Blessings

starlight

#3 n/a

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,017 posts
Posted 13 June 2005 - 08:22 PM

Hi Starlight
Thanks for your insight - that makes perfect sence. In the last dream I was shopping with my son (had been by myself in the first dream and with my daughter in the second) I have asked my son to help me out financially so that's what it was all about! ;)

Love & Light - Linda

#4 Millie G

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,817 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 09:59 PM

Dreams about losing one's purse or wallet are often about losing your identity. If you in fact did lose your purse and lets say you did not have much money in it, you would still be very upset because of all the things in it connected to your identity, your license, your credit cards, etc. If we are having some trouble understanding who we are, it is common to dream about losing those things that represent us.

Millie G

#5 n/a

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,017 posts
Posted 08 July 2005 - 10:21 PM

Hi Millie - thanks for the insight - wow these things go deep! I have lost my purse in the past (about 18 yrs ago)and of course had to replace every thing plus lost $800. that was in it.

Love & Light - Linda

#6 stargazer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 08:50 AM

Hi Linda,
My two cents worth - your purse could be something you truly value in your life . . .maybe your "power over something" (purse contains money that can buy you what you want or need / a purchasing power). Losing it may mean you've lost control or misplaced that capability and finding it may mean you've found its true worth and have claimed it back. REcurrence of this dream may be to stress the importance that you ought to recognize it now in your life.

love and peace
stargazer:)

#7 n/a

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,017 posts
Posted 12 July 2005 - 12:46 PM

Thanks Stargazer
That makes sence for the direction my life is going now (waiting for a pension to be approved) so at the time I had "lost control" of my finances ans was stressed out about it!

Love & Light - Linda

#8 starlight

Starting Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 03:37 PM

Hi,

The fact that your dream was recurring, and that you found your purse before the dream ended in a subsequent dream....these show that you managed to use your dreams to work something out. Our dreams can often help us work through a problem on a subsconscious level.

So you lost your purse (problem) but subsequently found it (solution).

What is interesting to you is what exactly the problem was...ie what does the purse represent.

On a prosaic level it could represent a financial problem. Perhaps a bill you would not have been able to pay had your subconscious not stepped in and, for example, prompted you not to purchase something in a shop you had your eye on.

I think that as a purse is the means to fulfillment when in the setting of a shop (it lets you buy something) - the dream speaks on a more symbolic level. I'm afraid that you will have to do some free association as only you can work out what it means on a literal level.

A great excercise for working with dream symbolism is to open up a 'dialogue' with a symbol in your dream. So you could work with the symbol of the purse. Ask it questions and then answer in the first person.

For example:

Why are you lost?
purse: because you forgot about me
Why did I forget about you
Purse: because I am too small and go unnoticed
How does that make you feel?
Purse: Insignificant
What can I do to make you feel better?
Purse: Pay me some attention

etc etc...

Hope this is food for thought!

Blessings

starlight

#9 n/a

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,017 posts
Posted 13 June 2005 - 08:22 PM

Hi Starlight
Thanks for your insight - that makes perfect sence. In the last dream I was shopping with my son (had been by myself in the first dream and with my daughter in the second) I have asked my son to help me out financially so that's what it was all about! :D

Love & Light - Linda

Reply to this topic

This post will need approval from a moderator before this post is shown.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users