#1 sparrowsays

sparrow

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,366 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 09:56 AM

Hey there Seekers!

Posted Image

I am wondering what you are reading these days? From one of the posts I noticed that someone is reading 'The Happy Medium.' I might check that book out, but I have several books on medical intuition that I haven't really touched. I tend to return to and reference books that I like over and over again:
Ted Andrews, Animal Speak
Ralph Blum, The Book of Runes
Judy Hall, The Crystal Book
Wilhelm/Baynes, The I Ching
Betty Bethards, The Dream Book
etc.

What are your go to books?
Would love to hear from you,
sparrow

#2 aletheia

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 11:43 AM

I'm actually doing some research into writing a sci-fi (psi-fi?) series. I've been reading a great many off-beat things from Velikovsky to Steiner... and a handful of more modern day philosophers and physicists. (sorry you asked? lol) I love that all of Bullinger and Steiner's books are available for free online through donations/grants etc. Of course, there is always 'sacred-texts' .com to treasure through too! They have quite the library to chose form.

:) ali

#3 IrishEyes

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,745 posts
  • Interests:Mediumship, spirit communication

Posted 11 November 2016 - 08:57 AM

Hi Aletheia and Sparrow,

Aletheia - I love your idea, l look forward to reading your book(s).

Sparrow - I read Kim Russo's book, "The Happy Medium" - liked it. She's got a very down to earth approach, nice person, great intentions. Glad that her TV show is back.

I also read George Anderson's new book - it's a selection of excerpts from his readings, interesting.

I read "Medical Medium" - and I did not like it. Trying to say that Epstein Barr virus causes everything... didn't we go through that myth about 30 years ago? I sat through a lecture by Dr. Denis Burkitt a long time ago, he proved the link between EBV and a type of childhood lymphoma. I don't think he would appreciate his work being hijacked and linked to things without real proof.

I am now reading Tyler Henry's new book. It's fine so far, nothing earth shattering. He's 20, he's got things to say about his gifts, he does readings, he has a TV show about celebrity readings. Its in the book. He thinks reincarnation is real (yes, good job!).

If I had to pick favorites, I would pick Raymond Moody's book "Paranormal" which is an autobiography and a look at his experiences. I also like John Edward's books, and Robert Brown's book.

Peace,

IrishEyes

#4 sparrowsays

sparrow

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,366 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:08 AM

View PostIrishEyes, on 11 November 2016 - 08:57 AM, said:

Hi Aletheia and Sparrow,

Aletheia - I love your idea, l look forward to reading your book(s).

Sparrow - I read Kim Russo's book, "The Happy Medium" - liked it. She's got a very down to earth approach, nice person, great intentions. Glad that her TV show is back.

I also read George Anderson's new book - it's a selection of excerpts from his readings, interesting.

I read "Medical Medium" - and I did not like it. Trying to say that Epstein Barr virus causes everything... didn't we go through that myth about 30 years ago? I sat through a lecture by Dr. Denis Burkitt a long time ago, he proved the link between EBV and a type of childhood lymphoma. I don't think he would appreciate his work being hijacked and linked to things without real proof.

I am now reading Tyler Henry's new book. It's fine so far, nothing earth shattering. He's 20, he's got things to say about his gifts, he does readings, he has a TV show about celebrity readings. Its in the book. He thinks reincarnation is real (yes, good job!).

If I had to pick favorites, I would pick Raymond Moody's book "Paranormal" which is an autobiography and a look at his experiences. I also like John Edward's books, and Robert Brown's book.

Peace,

IrishEyes

Don't know why it took me so long to get to this...thanks IrishEyes for all of the intel/info about psi-arts books and writers and...me thinks you must be a good reader, one of the best ways to learn at home aka alone.
ss

#5 IrishMyst04

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 02:33 PM

Wonderful, you gave me some great books to look into. I have been searching for something different and some of these are ones I haven't seen or heard of. Thank you very much!!!

Reply to this topic

This post will need approval from a moderator before this post is shown.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users