Handsome

bengal tabby

9 replies to this topic

#1 aletheia

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:My name (whether chosen or given still remains open to interpretation) is the modern form of the following:

*--Aletheia (λήθεια) is the Greek word for "truth", and like the English word implies sincerity as well as factuality or reality. The literal meaning of the word ALETHEIA is "the state of not being hidden; the state of being evident".--*

While my interests are wide and varied, I have a great affinity for the study of language, including ancient scripts and texts (hermeneutics--hermes-thoth-enoch) and I also have a deep 'love of wisdom' which fuels my hunger for studies in all things Philosophical.

*[excerpt from WikiPedia. Full article found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aletheia]

Posted 05 October 2017 - 12:47 PM

Our 13 yo male bengal tabby likely won't make it past the weekend. Waves of grief strike as I care for him in his last hours/days. There isn't anything he didn't 'touch' around the house, including our hearts. We've been celebrating him and making him feel like the little leo king that he is. My daughter is quite upset as this is the first animal passing of this type she's had to experience. He isn't in pain and we have the necessary plan in place when it's time. Of course, being the rascal that he is, this will be on his own terms in his own time.

Love ya handsome boy!

#2 IrishEyes

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • Interests:Mediumship, spirit communication

Posted 08 October 2017 - 11:50 AM

Hi Aletheia -

Thinking of you. We just lost our 13 year old border collie, and it was so hard to let him go. But as I wrote on another thread, we are hearing his collar medals clink, often in the middle of the night when no machinery could explain it - he's checking in on us. We just got his ashes back, and we are figuring out where to bury them.

Please let us know how you are doing.

Peace,

IrishEyes

#3 aletheia

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:My name (whether chosen or given still remains open to interpretation) is the modern form of the following:

*--Aletheia (λήθεια) is the Greek word for "truth", and like the English word implies sincerity as well as factuality or reality. The literal meaning of the word ALETHEIA is "the state of not being hidden; the state of being evident".--*

While my interests are wide and varied, I have a great affinity for the study of language, including ancient scripts and texts (hermeneutics--hermes-thoth-enoch) and I also have a deep 'love of wisdom' which fuels my hunger for studies in all things Philosophical.

*[excerpt from WikiPedia. Full article found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aletheia]

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:01 AM

thank you irish. today was hard.

the older cat somehow scratched her chin so i've been doctoring and monitoring that. then my daughter caught some kind of upper resp thing because she's been upset and not sleeping well. then the dog had to be seen today because she developed what presented as kennel cough and we needed to stay ahead of that. (likely having picked it up from the ER visit last week on our shoes/clothes etc.) but it is interesting that in chinese/japanese culture/medicine grief and the lungs are inter-related... the lungs were more susceptible because of the onset of grief...for the dog is his playmate, and so is my daughter.

however, there were two gifts from him today... i invited him out to the front yard... which he never gets to do... so he had a fun little jaunt and romp in the afternoon sun in the grass... then when i scooped him up like i used to do when he was a kitten he was playful and batted at my fingers and then did a little love nip on my thumb. this meant a lot to me as he did the -exact- same sequence the day we adopted him from the shelter. (i used to joke that if he hadn't bitten me i wouldn't have chosen him...but really, he chose us!)

then we had 2 doses left of the kitty morphine. i was ready to give him a dose since his breathing and temp regulation were a struggle for him today and my daughter and seemingly the cat were resistant about getting it... so in front of the cat we were bickering about whether to give it to him because he looked so out of it... when, out of nowhere, he got up and laid down next to the bedside table where the prescription was...so he made that decision for us.

we now have only one dose left. but he's sleeping peacefully and looks much more comfortable..

big sigh. this is hard. i haven't collapsed yet... but i'm beyond exhausted. we have decided if by friday he hasn't let go that we will need to help him. i hope we won't have to go that route, but it will be best to not prolong this past then at the rate things are going.

thanks again for checking in. <3 ali

#4 aletheia

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:06 PM

He started to crash again, even after the drugs. Today we sent him peacefully across the veil at the vet's office and know he is no longer in pain. Really tugs at the heartstrings to have to say goodbye! <3<3<3 so long handsome. see ya on the other side! <3

#5 aletheia

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:17 AM

it is interesting how 'peaceful' the house feels now. i'm sure some of that is relief... but also by how much more relaxed the other fur babies are. they are so sensitive to their playmates and people... anytime there is a sickness it really stresses them out too. the dog took a nap yesterday afternoon that was deeper than any nap i've ever seen her take... hah. now if it could be my turn to do that!

meanwhile, our precious boy was invited to hang out as long as he wanted or to join our guardian team for as long as he wanted. my daughter feels him around still and i like to think that's happened already. i do picture him in my mind's eye looking fit and trim and healthy with a spring and bounce in his step that had been missing for some time. we can find comfort in that idea.

#6 sparrowsays

sparrow

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,340 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 06:44 AM

So sorry to both of you for your losses...furs are so important to us, they bring us love when we need it...which is pretty much all the time.

I have lost a pet that I loved...so I understand...and am sending love and light to you both: IrishEyes and Ali.

namaste,
sparrow

#7 aletheia

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 12:42 PM

thanks for the kind words sparrow. <3 i think what 'haunts' me most is that he was still interested in food, alert to his surroundings and interactive with us and his environment, but he could barely breathe and every action exhausted him. there wasn't anything else the vet could do, so we had to help him. it's just terribly sad, since his little spirit was willing, but the body was unable to stick around.

ali

#8 Curious

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 08:54 PM

I'm so sorry to hear for you, peace, love and light to you and yours for his passing.

#9 Curious

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 09:02 PM

Our fur babies mean everything. I pray that you and yours will find comfort in this difficult time. I am so sorry. I feel you.

#10 IrishEyes

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • Interests:Mediumship, spirit communication

Posted 16 October 2017 - 10:47 PM

Thank you for sharing your love for your beloved pet.

Yes, they do travel on and they do meet us. Sometimes, they are the first to welcome a spirit back, giving time to let the transition sink in with total acceptance.

Reply to this topic

This post will need approval from a moderator before this post is shown.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users