#1 sparrowsays

sparrow

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 09:56 AM

Hey there Seekers!

Posted Image

I am wondering what you are reading these days? From one of the posts I noticed that someone is reading 'The Happy Medium.' I might check that book out, but I have several books on medical intuition that I haven't really touched. I tend to return to and reference books that I like over and over again:
Ted Andrews, Animal Speak
Ralph Blum, The Book of Runes
Judy Hall, The Crystal Book
Wilhelm/Baynes, The I Ching
Betty Bethards, The Dream Book
etc.

What are your go to books?
Would love to hear from you,
sparrow

#2 aletheia

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts
  • Interests:My name (whether chosen or given still remains open to interpretation) is the modern form of the following:

*--Aletheia (λήθεια) is the Greek word for "truth", and like the English word implies sincerity as well as factuality or reality. The literal meaning of the word ALETHEIA is "the state of not being hidden; the state of being evident".--*

While my interests are wide and varied, I have a great affinity for the study of language, including ancient scripts and texts (hermeneutics--hermes-thoth-enoch) and I also have a deep 'love of wisdom' which fuels my hunger for studies in all things Philosophical.

*[excerpt from WikiPedia. Full article found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aletheia]

Posted 24 August 2016 - 11:43 AM

I'm actually doing some research into writing a sci-fi (psi-fi?) series. I've been reading a great many off-beat things from Velikovsky to Steiner... and a handful of more modern day philosophers and physicists. (sorry you asked? lol) I love that all of Bullinger and Steiner's books are available for free online through donations/grants etc. Of course, there is always 'sacred-texts' .com to treasure through too! They have quite the library to chose form.

:) ali

#3 IrishEyes

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts
  • Interests:Mediumship, spirit communication

Posted 11 November 2016 - 08:57 AM

Hi Aletheia and Sparrow,

Aletheia - I love your idea, l look forward to reading your book(s).

Sparrow - I read Kim Russo's book, "The Happy Medium" - liked it. She's got a very down to earth approach, nice person, great intentions. Glad that her TV show is back.

I also read George Anderson's new book - it's a selection of excerpts from his readings, interesting.

I read "Medical Medium" - and I did not like it. Trying to say that Epstein Barr virus causes everything... didn't we go through that myth about 30 years ago? I sat through a lecture by Dr. Denis Burkitt a long time ago, he proved the link between EBV and a type of childhood lymphoma. I don't think he would appreciate his work being hijacked and linked to things without real proof.

I am now reading Tyler Henry's new book. It's fine so far, nothing earth shattering. He's 20, he's got things to say about his gifts, he does readings, he has a TV show about celebrity readings. Its in the book. He thinks reincarnation is real (yes, good job!).

If I had to pick favorites, I would pick Raymond Moody's book "Paranormal" which is an autobiography and a look at his experiences. I also like John Edward's books, and Robert Brown's book.

Peace,

IrishEyes

#4 sparrowsays

sparrow

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:08 AM

View PostIrishEyes, on 11 November 2016 - 08:57 AM, said:

Hi Aletheia and Sparrow,

Aletheia - I love your idea, l look forward to reading your book(s).

Sparrow - I read Kim Russo's book, "The Happy Medium" - liked it. She's got a very down to earth approach, nice person, great intentions. Glad that her TV show is back.

I also read George Anderson's new book - it's a selection of excerpts from his readings, interesting.

I read "Medical Medium" - and I did not like it. Trying to say that Epstein Barr virus causes everything... didn't we go through that myth about 30 years ago? I sat through a lecture by Dr. Denis Burkitt a long time ago, he proved the link between EBV and a type of childhood lymphoma. I don't think he would appreciate his work being hijacked and linked to things without real proof.

I am now reading Tyler Henry's new book. It's fine so far, nothing earth shattering. He's 20, he's got things to say about his gifts, he does readings, he has a TV show about celebrity readings. Its in the book. He thinks reincarnation is real (yes, good job!).

If I had to pick favorites, I would pick Raymond Moody's book "Paranormal" which is an autobiography and a look at his experiences. I also like John Edward's books, and Robert Brown's book.

Peace,

IrishEyes

Don't know why it took me so long to get to this...thanks IrishEyes for all of the intel/info about psi-arts books and writers and...me thinks you must be a good reader, one of the best ways to learn at home aka alone.
ss

#5 IrishMyst04

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 02:33 PM

Wonderful, you gave me some great books to look into. I have been searching for something different and some of these are ones I haven't seen or heard of. Thank you very much!!!

Reply to this topic

This post will need approval from a moderator before this post is shown.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users