13 replies to this topic

#1 IrishEyes

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts
  • Interests:Mediumship, spirit communication

Posted 01 January 2017 - 12:44 AM

Dear All,

I hope its not too soon to talk about the passing of these lovely ladies. My take on it is a bit different to what has been in the media. There are articles all over about Debbie dying of a broken heart one day after Carrie passed - and what I pick up is the reverse, that Carrie died of a broken heart, and her mother died of natural causes around the time she was destined to pass.

What I mean is that it was Carrie who died of overwhelming emotion - yes, she's been traveling a lot, and a clot (DVT, PE) is likely the cause of her death due to all the traveling. We will know when they release the autopsy results (if there was an autopsy). But I think what happened is that Carrie was flying back to Los Angeles after a very busy time on the road, juggling various projects. She finally had time to focus on her family. Her mother had several health setbacks this year, according to reports, including mild strokes - and I think Carrie realized that this would likely be Debbie's last Christmas on this side of the veil. Thinking about that was too much emotionally for Carrie - she was stressed out by the thought of coping after her mother passed - leading to the cardiac event/clot? that claimed her life. It is interesting that she never regained consciousness once the plane landed - the stress was too great to come back to the density of this plane of existence.

I have seen this several times, that the caregiver who seems healthy passes just before the patient at risk for dying. A woman who cared for her terminally ill husband went to the kitchen to make tea, and died there of a massive heart attack. A mother with a dying child died herself of a brain aneurysm prior to the child's passing. Stories like these are well known in the medical community. And what we think is happening is the caregiver is moving to the next plane for two reasons - one, to welcome the dying loved one when they pass, and two, making it easier for the loved one to pass, because they don't have to worry about leaving their loved one who suddenly and unexpectedly has gone on before them.

I think Carrie Fisher died of a broken heart, due to an emotional stress due to the realization that her mother would likely pass soon. And I think Debbie Reynolds died around the time she would have died any way, namely this month - a passing that was made easier because her beloved daughter, her pillar of strength, was there in the next life to meet her. The karmic bond between these two women is so strong that it reminds me of two people passing together in a tragedy, perhaps something like the Titanic - where the souls passed at the same time from a tragedy, and they continue to journey through time together.

That's my thoughts on this double tragedy - and my sympathies to the family and friends of both women, the familiy and friends are hopefully feeling solace knowing that these two very strong and loving souls are moving forward together, as they have done before and likely will do again.

Peace,

IrishEyes

#2 aletheia

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts
  • Interests:My name (whether chosen or given still remains open to interpretation) is the modern form of the following:

*--Aletheia (λήθεια) is the Greek word for "truth", and like the English word implies sincerity as well as factuality or reality. The literal meaning of the word ALETHEIA is "the state of not being hidden; the state of being evident".--*

While my interests are wide and varied, I have a great affinity for the study of language, including ancient scripts and texts (hermeneutics--hermes-thoth-enoch) and I also have a deep 'love of wisdom' which fuels my hunger for studies in all things Philosophical.

*[excerpt from WikiPedia. Full article found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aletheia]

Posted 01 January 2017 - 12:55 PM

Yes, i can see that carrie would not want to be present in body for the passing of her mom. i remember reading postcards from the edge as a teenager and at the time related to many of the comic-coping mechanism carrie used in dealing with life issues. (i still tend to see irony in most situations that others might not.) Carrie was recently interviewed on Fresh Air abt her new diary and I noticed how out of breath she sounded when answering questions. i also wasn't expecting her to regain consciousness and would have been surprised if she had. Very talented ladies who touched many lives. Soul sisters. I agree they travel together like this when given the chance. :)

Meanwhile, speaking of heart problems... I had a strange online RP gaming encounter with a famous singer/musician who passed recently. He told me about his health issues and how his record company had screwed him and the one he started wasn't really hitting the mark as he had intended/expected. He was told by the doctors if he went off his meds his heart would fail... but he didn't want to be on them anymore. He'd talked to psychics and had reiki and really wasn't 'feeling it'. I told him I'd gladly come to London and he said he'd rather go to Tibet. I suggested he try to find a Jin Shin practitioner and encouraged him to wear a gold ring around the finger that helps the heart. He said he was working on his next memoir (which was slated to be released in march of 2017) but the meds were making him too foggy to complete it. But said he wanted to include an incident when he was a child about walking out in front of a car and ended up breaking an arm. That was what we first connected on. That was his NDE and I shared mine. Then he told me that he was having very serious health issues. I jokingly told him to dedicate the book to my character's name so all would remain incognito. However, I ended up cutting ties with him because he became so demanding and I felt so drained with every encounter. He was in the anger stages when I knew him over the summer and while that was fueling him, it was also exhausting him.

Honestly, I felt very ineffective when all was said and done. I felt like I could have been very helpful with my alt-health encyclopaedia knowledge, but he just wanted to smoke pot and pace himself. I think that's why I brought all this up: I'm left asking: why would I have crossed paths with someone for whom I could be helpful, but they refused to be helped. He certainly had the means. I felt we bumped into each other because I had knowledge for him, and while he invited me to come to High park (and also Tibet), I was finishing up my degree this summer and couldn't drop everything for him. He was angry about that. (My father did something similar when he found out he was dying of lung cancer.) The whole thing was sad and frustrating. Yet, I'm sure there are bigger picture lessons to be learned here; some obvious - some not.

And finally as all of us have different connections with different celebrities out there, right before his passing i started thinking about a girl who was a secretary at one of the offices I worked in years ago. She was -fanatical- about him. I rarely ever think about that office or the people working there, but that was the message that came through right before he passed...fwiw.

thanks for listening (didn't mean to hijack!)
<3 ali

#3 IrishEyes

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 12:56 AM

Hi Aletheia -

No hijacking at all - great insights. My take on your experience with the singer is that you did offer an alternate path to the one he was on, but as you said in your post, he made his own decisions. I am not a fan of pot smoking by healthy or ill people - it causes psychological problems, it destroys good judgement (it changes the way that chemicals in the judgement centers of the brain work, impairing the ability to make decisions), it causes problems with appetite that usually result in weight gain, it has effects on the heart and lungs. I am really worried about those who farm the stuff, and plan to sell it over the counter eventually - it is bad news, and the lies used to sell it are the same as those that were used in the 1930s and 40s to sell tobacco. I hope that we don't have to lose 2 generations to its complications and side effects, as we did to tobacco, but the promotion of it as "safe" goes on. Education is key to that stuff - and I don't know anyone in the medical profession who uses it or recommends it.

But back to the singer - it sounds from your post like he made his own decisions. You offered him an alternative - which he did not take. But free will is key, and he used his free will. I think if he had not gone down the self medication route, if he had checked into a private hospital and gotten off the substances - I think he was drinking too, no? it feels like alcohol was involved in this too -- then he did have a chance to prolong his life on this plane. He decided not to do that - and yes, he did have good medical advice, he did have care available to him -- he made choices that someone with a life partner at their side might not have made. But frankly, he was tired, just tired of the pretense of having to look good in public, of being boxed in to projects that he had outgrown. It feels like he gave up in a way, and let events overtake him. Not really a suicide, more like a letting go and giving up on the help available to him - you were one of those avenues of help, but not the only one, so no guilt there - this was a smart person who had the ability to make choices that would have prolonged his time here. He simply did not want to go on in declining health and increasing weight gain, he just wanted out of it all. and so it was.

Your post is very interesting, and I think the learnings there for you are that you can offer your knowledge and expertise, but there has to be an acceptance of those gifts for it to work. Sorry if that sounds too simple, but that is what I take from it - there must be a two-way communication for it to work.

Wishing you a great 2017 -

Peace,

IrishEyes

#4 sparrowsays

sparrow

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 11:18 AM

Posted Image

How nice Heaven must be when you are met with your best friend as you cross over...I would be happy to see DR and CF at the pearly gates when I arrive.

I wrote a post but lost it (twice)...suffice it to say that I really enjoyed reading both of your posts.

Happy 2017! May the Road Rise Up to Meet You Both!
ss

#5 aletheia

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts
  • Interests:My name (whether chosen or given still remains open to interpretation) is the modern form of the following:

*--Aletheia (λήθεια) is the Greek word for "truth", and like the English word implies sincerity as well as factuality or reality. The literal meaning of the word ALETHEIA is "the state of not being hidden; the state of being evident".--*

While my interests are wide and varied, I have a great affinity for the study of language, including ancient scripts and texts (hermeneutics--hermes-thoth-enoch) and I also have a deep 'love of wisdom' which fuels my hunger for studies in all things Philosophical.

*[excerpt from WikiPedia. Full article found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aletheia]

Posted 03 January 2017 - 12:30 PM

irish: i appreciate your insights as well! thank you. it is interesting that heart failure was a common thread. i agree he didn't have the heart to go on and really was ailing in those last few weeks. I'm unclear about the life partner situation because he was very much struggling alone over the summer. he wasn't allowed to drive but would sneak places as needed. a female band mate came to check on him once a week and any male relationship was really just an errand runner if anything at all. I was surprised when the gentleman who found him was painting a picture that they've been so close for the last year. I am quite sure that wasn't really the case. Anyway, people have their own agendas. And no, not oversimplified. Very helpful. I would rather not be overly invested in someone's well being when they aren't equally so! I tend to help people take more responsibility for their health situation. It's a tricky balance between tough loving them and enabling them. But of course, yes, it all boils down to our will. <3 happy, healthy new year to you as well!

sparrow: thanks dear heart! and a bountiful 2017 to you and yours <3

#6 IrishEyes

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 01:40 PM

Yes, Aletheia, you are right - there was a loneliness there, a yearning for someone who had passed before him. There was no life partner at the time of death for the person you speak about, and I think also a yearning to see his mother again. A feeling that the people he wanted to be with were in the next life, so why hang around here being miserable? was the way of thinking. Sad, because I also think he had an idea for a new musical that would have been amazing, showing how ageism robs us of valuable insights from older people. I think he will inspire another musician to run with this idea in the next 5 years or so, perhaps someone like Elton John who has the connections to get a musical up and running in the theater. But be assured - you did all that you could for this person.

#7 aletheia

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 03:31 PM

GM and I met on a "fantasy" RPG and became 'close' (online confidants/pen pals) although things did get a bit intense at the end as he became increasingly more demanding with his continued health decline. He wrote this song back in the 90's but was working on it prior to passing. This is the 1st song to be remixed/re-released posthumously. There's some playfulness in the lyrics, reminding me of some of the push-pull exchanges we had, and it feels like a little wink from the other side that all is well. (He said he was working on another memoir, but no idea how far he was able to get with it. I'm interested to see if that or parts of it do ever make it to a publisher.) The song 'Fantasy' was released today in the UK.

#8 IrishEyes

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 03:08 PM

Hi Aletheia -

I will go find that song and listen to it. How are you doing? I have found the last 2 months rather tough - lots of things ending and changing around me. I lost my job suddenly in June, on an important personal anniversary, and it felt like what you say - that there was a "wink" or message in the ending of my job on that personally special day that was the Universe sending a message to move on.

I'm getting multiple call to interviews - but not getting the interviews. Getting rejected on ridiculous stuff, but again, it's the Universe saying to move on.

I'm also dealing with a dying dog, a 14 year old who has good days and bad days. He loves life on the good days, and on the bad days, he just sleeps. I talk to the vet a lot, and he told me that I will know when to take him for the shot. Not yet, but soon.

So - how are you?

Peace,

IrishEyes

#9 aletheia

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 10:36 PM

My Heart aches for you and your dog Irish. As a furbaby parent, they grab onto us in a way that really no other thing or person can touch. Currently, I'm not sensing pain per se, other than the normal aging things, which is a blessing. But you know your lil'love best, and yet still so heart wrenching a decision. We have a 10 year old pup here and she's basically my second child. She had a stomach/gi thing that came on suddenly and has taken almost a month to get righted, with only one pricey vet visit at the start. She's currently tracking in the right direction and her energy is up and interactions are back to normal. But it had me very flustered/worried at first not knowing what brought it on. I'd put her in the 85-90% recovery block, but still having to manage the diet/supplements to avoid any back sliding.

Pets come into our lives for reasons and seasons. But knowing that doesn't make saying goodbye any easier. All of our pets are 10 or over now and still in relatively good health. My hope with the cats is that when they choose to go, they will just let it be known and not drag things out. I think that would be too much for my daughter. I think with them, they will just make it clear, and I think your pup will also. Sometimes they hang on for us and wait for permission to let go.

Sweet of you to ask about things here, ultimately, everything is rather calm, which is always invited. Now that GoT is finished for the season I've taken to the show Outlander. (hah! my new guilty pleasure). Meanwhile, we took our cruise smack dab in between the arrival of harvey and threat of irma out to the caribbean. I haven't really shared any of the fun we had (who knew cruises could be so much fun?!) because of the wake of destruction from the hurricanes. Many of the pictures I took of the port stops we made are likely areas that were rolled over, so not really appropriate to narrate right now. However, one other thing I am grateful for, outside of missing the storms, is the week long political blackout the trip afforded. I've tried to just allow for short periods of NPR and twitter-dom, so as not to get fully entrenched again. Important to do the work, but also important to allow yourself breaks.

Crazy, crazy time we're in - on so many fronts. But yes, i am always tickled when i get a 'god-wink' or a nudge from the universe. When i focus on your job situation the one word that comes through loud and clear is 'TRUST'. So you'll have to ask what does that mean for you? trust in yourself? trust in the process? trust in the universe? all of the above? I immediately think of the trust game, where we free-fall and trust we will be caught. Sounds a little silly, but there were a couple daredevil things on the cruise; a ropes course and a luge slide at the very top of a 50+ foot (18 stories) cruise ship. I challenged myself to do it and in each instance, taking the first step, or leap of faith, was always the most intense, yet exhilarating. After that, I could relax -trust- and enjoy the experience.

love ya hunnie! <3 giving the scruffy puppy some lovin' too. let us know how things go, ali

#10 IrishEyes

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:46 AM

Hi Aletheia -

Thank you so much for your post and readings. Walking alongside a pet who is in failing health is hard, for sure - but we keep a close eye on him. What is interesting is that when someone new comes to the house - kids, delivery person, anyone - he perks up. He remembers his old ways and goes about them. The vet told me that dogs are pack animals, and they stop eating if they feel they are not contributing to the pack. On the days when he is a watchdog again, woofing quietly, his appetite does come back, very interesting to see this.

I need to go back to work for so many reasons - so the word "trust" is very meaningful. What I am running into are interviews with people who are not welcoming. I have never faced this before - or at least not consistently - and what I am finding is that males reject on appearance, women reject on threat to their own position. This is not a generational thing, it is pervasive. So the word "trust" is important to me because it says keep going - I have had interest from a couple of large companies, and their impersonal interview process will be better for me than the rushed ones with smaller companies.

Thank you for your kindness, will let you know how it works out.

Peace,

IrishEyes

#11 aletheia

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:05 AM

grr- that is frustrating. i've had men be inappropriate during interviews and have also experienced women (and men too actually) who size me up as a potential threat level. i agree it's pervasive. but then i think --wow-- do i really want to work for a company that makes everyone so paranoid... or allows for inappropriate exchanges straight from the gate? eww, no thanks. so with that, just keep in mind, the universe has to arrange things behind the scenes that we aren't always privvy to. sometimes it happens in a very go with the flow way and sometimes it requires a bit of patience from us. i 'trust' that whatever is happening behind the scenes for you is to line up that 'ideal' position where not only can you be effective -for- them, but that the position gives you the freedom or assurance that you are valued -by- them. My sense is it will be a more intimate setting, even if the hiring process happens at a less personal level. Does that make sense? :)

at any rate, hope that helps! take what is helpful and discard the rest! <3 ali

#12 aletheia

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 03:27 PM

just checking on ya irish! <3

#13 IrishEyes

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 06:33 PM

Hi Aletheia -

Thanks for checking. We finally had to let the dog go on Monday, he got a sleeping pill before he went to the vet for the shot so he would never be afraid. It was hard, but he had tumors in his gut that were trouble, he could not walk well, and the vet said it would just keep getting worse. Strange, but in the 2 days since then, I have heard the little "clink" that his collar medals made at least 3 times, so I think he is checking in on us. He was 2 weeks shy of turning 14, and we miss him very much.

Peace,

IrishEyes

#14 aletheia

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:27 AM

much love to you and your family. i have no doubt he'll pop in and visit as needed when needed. take time for and be gentle with yourself during this time. take care, <3 ali

Reply to this topic

This post will need approval from a moderator before this post is shown.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users