Incident at new job

8 replies to this topic

#1 cookie24

Average Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
Posted 13 December 2017 - 07:29 PM

I"ve been at this new job just a few months. Recently, a supervisor T. Who I worked with at the last job behaved so unprofessionally towards my team and created a hostile environment. My team got to air out our differences with her infront of higher management. Yet, we were taken aback when K. N. the main boss seemed to condone her behavior. Its left my team feeling like we cant trust upper management and start looking for new jobs. Irish whats going on here? Should I leave? Also, people have mentioned to me in private that they want me to reassign me to another department. Is this true? Im not liking that. Please let me know what you pick up.

#2 IrishEyes

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,745 posts
  • Interests:Mediumship, spirit communication

Posted 15 December 2017 - 03:47 PM

Hi Cookie,

What i pick up is that T is a "clutch player" - has delivered under tough circumstances, and as such, has built up a well of good will with the management. She is cost effective, meaning that she works long hours with no request for more pay - a workplace survivor. She went through the motions of the meeting with management, but had already met with them to assure them that it was a "minor" blow up on her part and the team were blowing out of proportion - but to keep them all on board, she was willing to go through with the meeting, and she apologized to them for "wasting their time with it" but she judged it necessary for team building, in other words, you were played. Its not that you cannot trust upper management, its that you cannot trust T to be truthful. That's the real issue here.

I would not leave right away, but I would ask if you can tolerate a manager who is a manipulative liar. Sadly, they are common in the workplace, and every job I've had, there's been at least one. Do you like the job itself? Do you like the team there? If you get a chance to move departments - take it. Take it. T cannot change, and as she is very willing to be a workplace workhorse who never asks for more money - management has no reason to ask her to change. Just know that she will always get to them before anyone else, so unless management witnesses or experiences her blowups in person, there will be no way to move her out.

I think you are respected there, and the team overall likes you. There is one person other than T who is not on the level, but I think you will get a chance to move, and when it comes about, take it, move on - and in the next department, I think you will have a less dramatic, more quiet experience.

Please send any feedback.

Peace,

Irisheyes

#3 cookie24

Average Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
Posted 16 December 2017 - 03:15 PM

I dont trust her at all. My colleague "K" told T infront of everyone that she doesnt trust her and would prefer not to deal with her. K is planning to leave. Im torn because Im tired of the job hopping and Im committed to finishing the year out with my clients. So, I feel I just may stick it out. T's action has caused my team members to step up though.

On a side note. Irish, Brian is the legal rep working on the matter with my last job. We havent seen each other in awhile and Ive gotten the impression that he's lost confidence in my case. I dont want that company to get away with mistreating me. Will brian step up or should I look to someone else to work on it?

#4 IrishEyes

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 03:35 PM

Hi Cookie -

The good news is that I don't think you will be fired or forced out, but I do think you will be offered a move across departments, and if it were me, I would take that move. T has her hooks into management and won't be moved any time soon - eventually, she will as she will slip up in a major way, but that is over a year away, so I would move if given the chance. I agree, stick it out until you get the offer to move departments - you will be happier in the new department.

I don't think Brian has lost interest in your case, but I do think he is very time conscious, how much time does he have to spend on your case? I would phone him to check in and reinforce your commitment to the case, ask him next steps. Its the time of year when people dial back and take vacation, but worth it to check in with him now.

Peace,

IrishEyes

#5 cookie24

Average Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
Posted 17 December 2017 - 06:40 AM

Thanks for the insight Irish. I intrnd to steer clear of T. It amazes me how incompetent people are able to get positions of power.

As you can see my career has been a rollercoaster. Constant job hopping. My hubby spoke to a pastor that told him that there is a spirit around me that is interfering with my progress. People see me do something, if it was someone else they eould let it go but not me. Ive been getting that. Irish what is cresting problems for me as it relates to my career?

#6 IrishEyes

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 05:02 PM

What I have learned is that incompetent people devote a lot of time to playing up to management - letting them "know" things, complimenting them, asking them questions - they devote about 30% or more of their day to this activity, because it makes them look "important." Smart managers recognize this for the "brownnosing" that it is and discourage it or forbid it - but dumb managers feel that they have a "friend" in the worker ranks and let it continue. T is a master of this activity - and she will be caught out in a big lie regarding this activity in about a year from now, that will lead to her being fired. Doesn't help you now, but something to be aware of, she is not as secure as she thinks she is and will go too far with one of her "reports" to management.

I don't think you have a spirit interfering with your progress - I do think you have a spirit guide who is close to you and super close when you are about to change jobs. I think that is the spirit that the pastor picked up - not a problem spirit, but a support. I think you are very good at your work, and in a way, an example to others, so that when something does go wrong, you feel like you get noticed more - in fact, you are always being noticed because you are competent, swift and certain in your work. So much so that when there is the slightest bobble, it gets seen. Like a dent in a car - not so noticeable in a Model T, very obvious in a new Ferrari, even though the dent is the same.

A couple of suggestions for you -
If you meditate, you might try asking your career spirit guide to help you understand your role at work. To send someone on this plane to tell you how you are a teacher at work.
There is a new book out called The Four Tendencies by Gretchen Rubin - this book has a lot of insights about our behavior - I have found it very interesting, and i think you might too.

Peace,

IrishEyes

#7 cookie24

Average Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
Posted 23 December 2017 - 09:17 PM

Irish Brian has lost interest. He doesnt want to work on the matter. I now have to look for someone else. Im really upset with him.

#8 IrishEyes

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 03:56 PM

I learned that lawyers are very money conscious, and Brian calculated that he would not enough on your case.

Did you try the local Legal Aid - for names of attorneys? I'm not saying that you can't pay, what I'm saying is that the young, hungry lawyers often work for Legal Aid, and would happily take your case.

Wishing you a great 2018!

#9 cookie24

Average Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
Posted 28 December 2017 - 06:18 AM

Im still searching using anothet resource. What made you think that he wasnt losing interest? Im wondering, did he pull out of it because he made a deal with the other side? I have asked his firm to forward all documents relating to my case. Will they? I find them very unprofessional.

Reply to this topic

This post will need approval from a moderator before this post is shown.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users