7 replies to this topic

#1 IrishEyes

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,745 posts
  • Interests:Mediumship, spirit communication

Posted 09 February 2018 - 03:16 PM

Dear All -

After months of searching for a new job, I have a job offer and I am due to start next week. I would like to ask the team here at Seeker's Circle for your insights on this job - what are the people like? how is the salary? things to look out for? will I be happy there?

I am finding it super hard to get a job offer of any kind over age 40, so I am really curious about your psychic insights, predictions and gut feelings.

This is an exercise that I will be able to give feedback on as early as next week, so feel free to share what you pick up. I will get back to you. Thanking you all in advance.

The first initial of the company is S.

Peace,

IrishEyes

#2 aletheia

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,678 posts
  • Interests:My name (whether chosen or given still remains open to interpretation) is the modern form of the following:

*--Aletheia (λήθεια) is the Greek word for "truth", and like the English word implies sincerity as well as factuality or reality. The literal meaning of the word ALETHEIA is "the state of not being hidden; the state of being evident".--*

While my interests are wide and varied, I have a great affinity for the study of language, including ancient scripts and texts (hermeneutics--hermes-thoth-enoch) and I also have a deep 'love of wisdom' which fuels my hunger for studies in all things Philosophical.

*[excerpt from WikiPedia. Full article found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aletheia]

Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:48 AM

First off: congrats!! It's so nice to be picked after searching for a while! I hope you love it there <3

as far as my intuition, please take what is helpful and discard the rest...

the place needs some gentle directing. i think you'll find that your experience is going to fill the gap where maybe some systems need to be set into place or the ones being implemented more consistently followed. i think it's important to not get frustrated with the condition you may find things in but instead champion others to take more ownership so that the processes become more routine and regulated. i think that a 'lead by cheerful example' approach is what is needed most here. complaints/frustrations/sarcasm should be shared at home or with friends outside the building and not with patients/staff until later. i sense there was a pretty lousy morale issue and people have been weeding themselves out. if you can stay centered/grounded/helpful/cheerful --while-- seeing that quality assurance is in place.. I think you'll be able to carve out a comfortable spot for some time...and if you want it... more pay with a leadership role later.

hope that helps! excited for your new adventure! :)
~ali

#3 IrishEyes

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 02:37 PM

Thank you Aletheia!
You are spot on -- that is exactly the situation.
Lots of work, but also lots of bosses, I have to carve out a section for myself to see clear.
Also - there is a morale issue of some not feeling their work matters - so I have to address that.
And I try to be very cheerful, helpful and supportive.
The odd thing is that after many months, I got 3 offers in 4 days - and one of the companies i turned down is still chasing me, offering more money, but they are a start up, and I just did 4 years at a start up, I need more stability after that. So the trade off is money vs stability - I went for stability this time. I hope I chose wisely.

But thank you for your insights, really helpful!

#4 aletheia

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,678 posts
  • Interests:My name (whether chosen or given still remains open to interpretation) is the modern form of the following:

*--Aletheia (λήθεια) is the Greek word for "truth", and like the English word implies sincerity as well as factuality or reality. The literal meaning of the word ALETHEIA is "the state of not being hidden; the state of being evident".--*

While my interests are wide and varied, I have a great affinity for the study of language, including ancient scripts and texts (hermeneutics--hermes-thoth-enoch) and I also have a deep 'love of wisdom' which fuels my hunger for studies in all things Philosophical.

*[excerpt from WikiPedia. Full article found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aletheia]

Posted 19 February 2018 - 10:34 PM

anytime! of course keep us posted as needed... meanwhile, your start up chase reminds me of when i was in a time crunch to sell my house and move a couple states away. i literally had an offer in hand when someone rang my doorbell and offered me a decent amount over asking price..it was also very attractive as i wouldn't have to split my commission with another agent either. yet, as she began to share her story it was riddled with many potential pitfalls. I know she did end up buying a property later but in that moment, while the higher offer was tempting, there might have been other hidden expenses and aggravation with delays along with unseen complications that could have quickly eaten away at what appeared to be more cash in hand. so i took the bird in hand and moved on schedule with many other events falling into place. time will always tell but highest and best to you Irish!! <3 ali

#5 sparrowsays

sparrow

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,362 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 11:58 AM

Congratulations IrishEyes! Hope things are settling down enough so that you can assess if you chose right. It is tough when offers (you had 4-four!) come at you all at once.

I feel a push-pull with your new workplace. Some days good, some not so good, but for the most part you are keeping your head above water, etc.

I think that after six months you will reassess and look at your options again. I, myself, want to have a year in my new job before I make any sudden moves. It is good to see how things land before moving on...imho.

Be well,
sparrow

#6 IrishEyes

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 10:03 PM

Thank you Sparrow!
You are exactly right - some days are good, some are terrible. Today was terrible - things I was promised are suddenly denied, things that should have arrived are late or blocked. The mailroom decides if your package is important enough to deliver, otherwise, you get an email saying come get it - no rhyme or reason.

To be honest, today I had a good cry in the bathroom before anyone else was there. I was so disappointed that I did not give one of the other offers more time to develop their offer, I just ended all negotiations because I wanted stability. But I see that other new hires are getting more stuff than I did - more vacation, sign on bonuses, etc - because they hold out. And I missed that by being too fast to say yes. Big, huge mistake. Never do that, anyone out there, always ask for more - that is really your only chance, and I blew it big time. I also did not have a mentor to advise me, and that makes a huge difference too - seek advice on any job offer. Learned that the hard way too. A friend of mine called me today and heard my tale of woe, and said, but I would have advised you! So always, always get another opinion. It is worth it.

Any way, I'm still trying each day, but getting depressed. I wanted a job, I got one, but the circumstances are not the best. And I still wonder if one of the other offers would have been a happier experience.

Thanks for listening.

#7 MalteseJane

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts
  • Interests:Dogs, Reiki, books, reincarnation, past life regression...

Posted 02 March 2018 - 12:48 AM

Can you not check if one of the other offers is still available ?

#8 IrishEyes

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 10:24 AM

Hi MalteseJane -

I keep thinking about that - but why would another company want to talk to me now that I turned them down? I guess I could try them, and see - I guess I rejected them, and if they reject me, then so be it.

I just hope that my experience could be useful to someone else. Advice I wish I had had at the time.

Peace,

IrishEyes

Reply to this topic

This post will need approval from a moderator before this post is shown.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users